Watch the video above or read the steps below to learn how to install an Actimo seat slide (part number: 07.751.1) on a Merritt Synergy chair system. A FSRHD-G model chair system with a Grammer Actimo seat was used for this instructional guide. This installation process will be similar for any J.R. Merritt Chair Systems configured with an Actimo seat.
- 5 MM Allen Wrench
- 6 MM Allen Wrench
- 10 MM Socket Wrench
- 13 MM Socket Wrench
- 13 MM Combination Wrench (Box and Gear)
- T25 Torx Bit Screwdriver
Part 1: Remove the Seat Cushion (Starting Time: 0:13)
- Flip up both consoles to allow easy access to the components around the chair and scissor.
- Remove the 4 screws that are underneath the edges of the seat / seat cushion with a T25 Torx bit screwdriver.
- Lift the cushion up and towards you to remove it.
Part 2: Uninstall the Depth/Tilt Kit & Seat (Starting Time: 1:53)
- Using needle noise pliers activate the locking mechanism by inserting the pliers into the hole on the tab and turning it clockwise (or towards you). The locking mechanism is located in the center of the tilt kit.
- With the locking mechanism tab turned clockwise, slide the entire tilt kit forward.
- Once the white squares have reached the square slots (holes) in the tilt kit, tap the sides of the kit and pop it off the base of the seat.
- Remove the four (4) bolts and four (4) nuts from the base of the chair with a 5 MM Allen Wrench and a 13 MM Socket Wrench. IMPORTANT: Please be sure to close the backrest about half way, so the chair does not fall off the scissor when the last bolt is removed.
- Once the bolts are removed, simply lift the chair off of the scissor.
- Remove the four (4) loose washers from the top of the scissor. These will not be needed during the re-assembly process.
Part 3: Install the Seat Slide (Starting Time: 6:10)
The 07.751.1 seat slide consists of two slide rails – one with a locking mechanism / lever and one without. A “Chair to Slide” hardware kit is needed for this part of the installation, which includes the following:
- Four (4) Bolts
- Four (4) Nyloc Nuts
- Three (3) Washers
- Place a piece of flat cardboard down on top of the scissor and put the chair on top of it.
- Adjust the backrest, so it is open and lie the chair flat on the backrest. This will give you easy access to install the slides on to the bottom of the chair.
- First, install the slide rail with the locking mechanism / lever onto the right side of the chair with the lever / handle side towards the front of the seat. Operate the slide towards the bottom the rail to reveal the uppermost hole.
- Position the slide onto the bottom of the chair, so the uppermost hole on the rail overlays on top of the slotted hole on the base of the chair. This side of the rail will have a bracket (do not remove this). Using a 13 MM socket wrench and a 13 MM combination wrench, mount the top of the rail to the chair using one (1) bolt and one (1) nut. Tighten the nut and then loosen it slightly to allow the rail to pivot on the base of the chair.
- Operate the slide upwards to reveal the lower most hole. Using a 13 MM socket wrench and a 13 MM combination wrench, mount the bottom of the rail to the chair using one (1) bolt, one (1) nut, and one (1) washer. Position the washer in between the slide and the chair during assembly.
- Repeat the same process for the other slide rail. Mount the slide rail with the smooth side facing inward. Use one (1) bolt, one (1) nut, and one (1) washer for each hole. Again, position the washer in between the slide and the chair during assembly.
- Once mounted, test the operation of the slides by sliding them back and forth. The slides should operate smoothly.
- Once you’ve tested operation of both slides, tighten all four (4) bolts.
- Remove the chair and cardboard from the top of the system.
Part 4: Reinstall the Seat (Starting Time: 12:53)
A “Slide to Scissor” hardware kit is needed for this part of the installation, which includes the following:
- Four (4) Bolts
- Four (4) Nuts
- Four (4) Washers
- Place the seat back on the scissor. Position it so the slides are forward and the seat is towards the back of the system.
- Using a 6 MM Allen wrench and a 13 MM combination wrench (box and gear), mount the slide rails to the scissor using one (1) bolt, one (1) nut, and one (1) washer for each hole. Position the washer in between the slide and the scissor during this assembly. Install the bolts in the front of the system first.
- Once the front two bolts are installed, slide the entire seat forward to gain access to the back.
- Install the bolts, nuts, and washers on the back of both slides – repeating step 2.
- Operate the seat slide using the seat slide lever and test the operation of the seat slide.
- Once you’ve tested the operation of the slide, tighten all four (4) bolts.
- Test the seat slide one more time for smooth operation. If installed properly, there will be no hesitation or bumps.
Part 5: Reinstall the Depth/Tilt Kit and Seat Cushion (Starting Time: 18:35)
- Put the backrest in the upright position (normal sitting position).
- Identify the four (4) square slots on the bottom of the tilt kit and the four (4) white squares that are on the seat pan. Place the tilt kit on top of the seat pan and line up the squares with the square slots (holes).
- Using needle nose pliers, activate the locking mechanism by placing the needle nose pliers in the hole on the tab and pull it clockwise (or towards you). The tilt kit could should then fall into place.
- Next tap the front of the tilt kit until it slides forward and locks.
- Locate the two (2) metal prongs towards the back of the seat tilt along with the two (2) slots on the bottom back of the seat cushion.
- Position the cushion at an upward angle on top of the tilt kit and then push it towards the back of seat top.
- Wiggle the cushion around to ensure the prongs have lined up with the slots / holes on the cushion, and then push the cushion down into place.
- Reinstall the four (4) screws into the bottom seat / cushion. If installed properly, the holes will be lined up.
For more information on the Merritt Synergy chair systems, Grammer Actimo seats / assemblies and seat spare parts, check out the links below: