Watch the video above or read the steps below to learn how to uninstall and reinstall a standard HDV handle. Please note that this step-by-step process also applies to VCSO, VNSO, VNS2 and CS1 industrial joysticks that are configured with a standard recessed push button handle.
- Offset Phillips Head Screwdriver
- 11 mm Socket Wrench
Removal of the Handle:
- First, loosen the anti-tamper screw with a right angle Phillips screwdriver. This screw is located on the underside of the handle base.
- Once the anti-tamper screw is loose, next unscrew the push button actuator cap using your hand. Once loose, pull it up and off the base.
- Next remove the flex shaft that was located under the cap.
- Inside of the handle base, remove the 11 mm nut with a socket wrench.
- Pull up and remove the entire handle base. Be mindful of the loose components, as you will need these later when reassembling. There is one (1) honeycomb washer, one (1) smaller lock washer, one (1) 11 mm nut, and one (1) handle bushing.
Installation of the Handle:
- Slide the handle bushing back onto the shaft.
- Put the handle base back on, which will need to be re-assembled in the following order: First the honeycomb washer. Second the smaller, lock washer. Lastly the 11mm nut, which will need to be tightened with a socket wrench. Be careful not to cross thread the nut while tightening.
- Once the nut is tight, slide the flex shaft back into the joystick shaft. Push it down a couple of times to ensure it operates.
- Place recessed push button cap back on top of the handle base and screw it on until tight, using your hand.
- Lastly, with an offset phillips screwdriver, tighten up the anti-tamper screw.
See the recommended replacement parts below and visit our support section for more information on joystick servicing and support information.
- HDV Recessed Push Button handle Assembly – 01.167
- Handle Bushing – 01.061
- 136 mm Flex Shaft – 01.165
- Handle Spacer – 01.060
- Brass Boot Bushing – 18.110