Watch the video above or the read the steps below to learn how to replace cams on a VNS2 / VNSB2 industrial joystick. This step-by-step process is also the same for the following controllers and switches:
- NS2-KA / NSB2-KA single-axis controllers
- NS2-KB / NSB2-KB single axis controllers
- NS2-0 / NSB2-0 rotary switches
- Phillips Screwdriver
- Needle Nose Pliers
Cam Replacement Process
- First, operate the handle, which will rotate the shaft and the cams. Find the handle position that reveals the small screw on the back side of the cam that is being replaced, and use a Philips screwdriver to unscrew it.
- Once the screw is loose, remove the cam with needle nose pliers.
- Grab the new cam along with its hardware, including a screw and a small washer, and reassemble the three (3) components.
- Move the handle back into the same operating position and then slide the cam onto the shaft.
- Tighten the screw using a Philips screwdriver and when complete, let the handle return to its center position.
Maintenance & Inspection Tip
Before reinstalling your joystick in its panel or console, wipe out any debris or dirt that might be inside of the contact drives.
Visit the support section on our website for additional information and documentation on VNS2 servicing and parts. If you have any questions regarding this process or if you need to order parts, contact us today.