Watch the video above or read the steps below to learn how to install a VCSO joystick with a snap-on nameplate.
- Flat Head Screwdriver
- T20 Torx Screwdriver
Prepping the joystick for installation.
Before you can install a VCSO joystick in a chair system console or a control panel, the snap-on nameplate (part #: 03.202.2), label insert (part #: 03.978) and mounting plate (part #: 03.747) will need to be removed from the joystick.
- Locate the rectangular tab on each side of the nameplate. Insert a flat head screwdriver into one of the tabs and pry up to begin loosening the nameplate. Repeat this process on the other sides of the nameplate until it is completely loose.
- Detach the boot from the nameplate by pulling the bottom of the boot away and over the retaining flange.
- Squeeze the boot up and remove the nameplate by pulling it up and around the boot.
- Remove the four (4) screws at the corners of the mounting plate using a T20 torx screwdriver.
- Please note that the joystick gate may no longer be secured, so be mindful to not change its position during installation. Look for a corner of the gate and VCSO body that is marked. This will ensure you can place the gate back into the proper orientation, if it is moved during the installation process. If there is no marking, we recommend marking one corner with a marker.
- Once the screws are removed, squeeze the boot again and fit the mounting plate up and off the joystick.
Installing/mounting the VCSO joystick.
In these instructions we install the VCSO in the console of a J.R. Merritt chair system, but the process also applies to a typical panel or pedestal.
- Lift up the console cover and place the joystick through the mounting hole. Have the VCSO body rest on the edge of the console cover.
- Squeeze the boot and fit the mounting plate back over the handle to position it for installation.
- Line the mounting plate up with your mounting holes and install two (2) screws on opposite corners of the plate with the torx screwdriver.
- Once the two screws are stable, close the console cover.
- Add the remaining two (2) screws and then tighten all four (4).
- Place the nameplate and label insert back onto the joystick by squeezing the boot up and guiding it through the opening of both components.
- Snap the nameplate into place.
- Lastly, pull the bottom of the boot over the retaining flange on all sides to secure it in place.
For more information on the VCSO joysticks and spare parts, check out the links below: