Watch the video above or read the steps below to learn how to replace cams on a VNSO industrial joystick.
- Flat Screwdriver
- Phillips Screwdriver
- Needle Nose Pliers
Removal of Current (Old) Cam
- Grab both sides of the contact block using your thumb and index finger, and pull the block up and to the left or right side. With the right amount of force, the block should pop off fairly easily. To remove a contact block that’s flush with a plate, use a flat head screwdriver to wedge the block away from the plate and then remove as explained above.
- Next operate the handle, which will rotate the shaft and the cam. Find the handle position that reveals the small screw on the back side of the cam, and use a Philips screwdriver to unscrew it.
- Once the screw is loose or has been removed, use needle nose pliers to pull the cam off of the cam shaft.
Inspection / Maintenance Tips
Apply light grease to the cam before installing it. Also, take the opportunity to see if any other cams need to be re-greased. This quick task will ensure the longevity of your joystick’s critical components.
Installation of Replacement (New) Cam
- With the handle still in an operating position, slide the new cam onto the shaft exactly as the old cam was removed.
- With a Philips screwdriver tighten up the small screw. Once tight, the joystick can be put back in its center position.
- Finally, grab the contact block and slide it back on over the cam and snap it into place.